Friday, March 30, 2012

Equipment Upgrades

I have fallen hard for this brewing thing and bought one gadget and one "fermentation chamber." The gadget is a little stir plate for really aerating/agitating the yeast starter. The fermentation chamber is a 5.3 cubic foot chest freezer. With an external temp controller, I'm able to hold the fermenting beer at just the right temperature. During the winter this isn't much of a problem, but as the weather here in Atlanta warms up so does this apartment and I can't be worrying about my yeast and how unhappy they are at 72 degrees+. With this chamber, I can relax and that is the way beer brewing should be really. Will be trying the stir plate and yeast starter technique this weekend when I brew #3 an Wheat Beer. Recipe from Hop City.

No comments:

Post a Comment